Monday, November 15, 2010

Number 48


WHAT
A close up shot of a house number screwed onto a brick wall at Redcliffe, Queensland.

WHY
This little ceramic number caught my eye for a number of reasons:
it was the only other colour on the orange brick wall and the bright blue made a nice contrast with the brick. The texture in the cracking/peeling paint also intrigued me.

I have read a number of photographer Ken Rockwells blog posts and he often talks about seeking out splashes of colour to photograph. I think his words had crept into my mind as I was walking past number 48 and saw this plaque. For some reason I just like it!

HOW
I think I may have actually used the macro setting on my camera to capture this one. I literally stood in front of it and pointed the camera at number 48, filling the entire frame with the plaque.

POST PRODUCTION
Increased clarity and vibrance in photoshop


Buy my art

No comments:

Post a Comment