Monday, November 8, 2010

Masonic Lodge Kitchen - one of my favourites


WHAT
This shot was taken during a recent 'Open House' day in Brisbane where buildings that are not usually open to the public threw open their doors for the curious to see what secrets and treasures lurked within.

The Masonic Lodge is the Brisbane headquarters for the mysterious "Freemasons" group. Seeing as the general pulbic (and especially women) are not allowed to enter its hallowed halls, I decided I must go.

This scene was taken in a general storage room which leads into a kitchenette.
While I was taking this shot, many people would poke their heads around the corner at the left of the shot trying to see what I was taking a photo of. I think many of them were disappointed when all they saw was a door leading to a
kitchen!

Even though I've learnt so much more since taking this picture, it's still one of my favourites and has its own dedicated page in my portfolio.

WHY
I was taken by the creep vibe of this scene and the many questions it raised for me- What's in the box on the table? Who sits on those chairs? Who rings the bell and for what purpose?

HOW
I shot this using 'black and white' setting on my camera. As previously mentioned, I have since learned to shoot in colour then change the image to b&w afterwards.

Buy my art

No comments:

Post a Comment